1. Eligibility. BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT, INC., A DELAWARE CORPORATION, (“BLIZZARD") IS THE SPONSOR OF THE 2018 BLIZZARD COSTUME CONTEST. ELIGIBILITY FOR THIS CONTEST IS LIMITED TO INDIVIDUALS WHO REGISTER FOR THE CONTEST THAT: (I) have authorized access to A full Blizzard Battle.net account in good standing registered on Blizzard’s on-line gaming service in their own name; (II) PURCHASED A TICKET TO ATTEND BLIZZCON 2018, WHICH IS BEING HELD AT THE ANAHEIM CONVENTION CENTER IN ANAHEIM CALIFORNIA ON NOVEMBER 2nd AND 3rd, 2018 (“BLIZZCON”) IN PERSON; (III) ARE RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, ARGENTINA, AUSTRIA, BELARUS, BELGIUM, BELIZE, BOLIVIA, BULGARIA, CHILE, CANADA, CROATIA, DENMARK, ECUADOR, EGYPT, EL SALVADOR, ESTONIA, FRANCE, FINLAND, GERMANY, GREECE, GUATEMALA, HONDURAS, HONG KONG, HUNGARY, ICELAND, IRELAND, ISRAEL, ITALY, JAMAICA, JAPAN, KAZAKHSTAN, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, LUXEMBOURG, MACAU, MEXICO, NICARAUGA, NORWAY, PERU, POLAND, PORTUGAL, PUERTO RICO, ROMANIA, RUSSIA, SERBIA, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SOUTH AFRICA, SOUTH KOREA, SPAIN, STATE OF QATAR, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TAIWAN, THE CZECH REPUBLIC, THE NETHERLANDS, THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA, THE UKRAINE, THE UNITED KINGDOM, TUNISIA, TURKEY, AND VENEZUELA; AND (IV) ARE OVER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE AS OF AUGUST 18, 2018, OR IF THEY ARE UNDER THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE ON AUGUST 18, 2018, ARE ABLE TO SUBMIT A SIGNED, WRITTEN STATEMENT THAT A PARENT OR GUARDIAN HAS READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREES TO THESE CONTEST RULES WITH THEIR ENTRY, AND THAT SUCH AGREEMENT CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES ON BEHALF OF THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN AND THEMSELVES, AND THEY ARE (a) OVER 13 YEARS OF AGE AND A RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, OR A MEMBER COUNTRY OF THE EUROPEAN UNION (OTHER THAN SPAIN, AND/OR THE UNITED KINGDOM); (b) OVER 14 YEARS OF AGE AND A RESIDENT OF SPAIN, THE UNITED KINGDOM, OR RUSSIA, OR (c) OVER 15 YEARS OF AGE AND A RESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA, AND (V) WHO ARE NOT RESIDENTS OF THE STATES OF NORTH DAKOTA, VERMONT, CONNECTICUT, OR MARYLAND IN THE UNITED STATES, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, CANADA, OR RESIDENTS OF THE AUSTRALIAN STATES OF VICTORIA, QUEENSLAND OR THE AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY (“ENTRANTS”). IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF THESE AREAS AND/OR OTHERWISE DO NOT MEET THE ABOVE ELIGIBILTY REQUIREMENTS, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, its parent, and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. There is no cost to enter or win. Offer void where prohibited. In the event of any dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the e-mail address from which the e-mail was sent.
2. Disclaimer. Blizzard, all participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Blizzard; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
3. Contest Period. The Contest includes the Top 25 Contest, the details of which are set forth in Section 4 below, and the BlizzCon 2018 Cosplay Exhibition, the details of which are set forth in Section 5 below. Sign-ups for the Top 25 Contest (see below) shall commence upon 10:00 a.m., Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on July 25, 2018, and entries will be taken until 11:59 p.m., PDT August 18, 2018, (the “Top 25 Contest Deadline”). Sign-ups for the invitational period for the BlizzCon 2018 Cosplay Exhibition shall commence upon 10:00 a.m., Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on July 25, 2018, and entries will be taken until 11:59 p.m., PDT October 15, 2018, (the “Deadline”).
4. The Top 25 Contest.
A. How to Enter. Entrants who wish to compete for a chance to be in the Top 25 Contest may sign up by entering online at https://contests.blizzard.com/en-us/contests/blizzcon-2018-costume-contest/submission prior to the Top 25 Contest Deadline and providing Blizzard with the Entrant’s first and last name, the character that the Entrant will be cosplaying, whether the Entrant is entering as an individual/duo (2 or less) or as of a team build (three or more), the address of Entrant’s website, the address of Entrant’s Twitter address or “handle,” the address for Entrant’s Instagram page, and the address of the Facebook Cosplay page that Entrant will create specifically for this Contest. Note that an Entrant can create a Facebook account at no charge at www.facebook.com). At the time of entry, Entrant’s submission should include Entrant’s costume at 25% or more towards final costume completion to be eligible for the Top 25 Contest. Note that 25% completion entails providing Blizzard with any the following: (i) Design/Concept drawings - this is what the finished product looks like; (ii) working drawings - this is how each bit of the finished product will be built; (iii) A Materials list - this is what I need to build the costume; (iv) Timeline - this is how long it will take me to build the costume; and (v) work in progress pictures . Submission materials or links to materials can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Blizzard shall at the end of the check-in process as detailed below, select twenty-five (25) Entrants who will be given an opportunity to compete in the Contest in accordance with these rules based on: (i) quality and skill of the construction and fabrication of the costume, (ii) creative concept and execution of concept within the boundaries of the character and franchise chosen, and (iii) entrant has met all scheduled milestones and check-ins as listed herein below. Entrants will be informed whether they have qualified for the Top 25 Contest after the last check-in (see below). Entrants are not guaranteed to be in the Top 25 until they meet all the pre-show requirements set forth in Section B2 below. Note that all Entrants that submit entries for the Top 25 Contest but are not chosen by Blizzard to compete in the Top 25 Contest, are then automatically entered the BlizzCon 2018 Cosplay Exhibition.
B. Check-Ins. Entrants must check in by submitting emails to Blizzard at email@example.com throughout the submission process. After each check in, Blizzard’s staff have the option to reach out to Entrants with specific milestone feedback at their discretion. The check-ins are as follows:
5. BlizzCon 2018 Cosplay Exhibition.
A. How to Participate. The BlizzCon 2018 Cosplay Exhibition is open to the Entrants who sign up to participate in the show online at https://contests.blizzard.com/en-us/contests/blizzcon-2018-costume-contest/submission to be considered “Confirmed Invitees.” Blizzcon reserves the right to place Entrants who sign up for the BlizzCon 2018 Cosplay Exhibition on a “Wait List,” in the order that they signed up. If a Confirmed Invitee informs Blizzard that they will not appear at the Event, or does not show up for registration as directed, the Entrant who is next in line on the Wait List shall take their place as a Confirmed Invitee.
B. Check-In. For a Confirmed Invitee to take part in the BlizzCon 2018 Cosplay Exhibition, the Confirmed Invitee must check in at BlizzCon (at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California) as directed in their confirmation email, to confirm that they are in attendance at the Event. If a Confirmed Invitee fails to check in at the information booth as stated above to confirm that they are in attendance at the Event, the Entrant shall forfeit their spot in the BlizzCon 2018 Cosplay Exhibition , and Blizzard shall allow the Entrant who is next in line on the Wait List that is in attendance at the Event to take their place as a Confirmed Invitee. In the event that all Confirmed Invitees have not checked in by the beginning of the BlizzCon 2018 Cosplay Exhibition, Blizzard will allow the Event attendees who otherwise meet the eligibility requirements for the Fashion Show to sign up on site on a ‘first come, first served,’ basis to take their place as Confirmed Invitees.
C. The Event. Once a Confirmed Invitee has checked in as set forth in Section 5B above, the Confirmed Invitee will have the opportunity to be photographed in costume by professional photographers, have their costume reviewed by one or more Blizzard Judges, who may offer tips and advice to the Confirmed Invitee on costume creation, and in accordance with instructions to be provided to the Confirmed Invitee at the BlizzCon 2018 Cosplay Exhibition by Blizzard, the Confirmed Invitee will have the opportunity to go on stage as part of the BlizzCon 2018 Cosplay Exhibition production on November 2, 2018. Note that should time and production restrictions allow, Blizzard can, in its sole discretion, allow a small number of Entrants who are in addition to the Conformed Invitees that are on the Wait List at the Event, to go on stage with the Confirmed Invitees as part of the BlizzCon 2018 Cosplay Exhibition production on November 2, 2018.
6. Costume Requirements. To be eligible to compete in the Top 25 Contest, or take part in the BlizzCon 2018 Cosplay Exhibition, Entrant’s costumes must meet the following requirements:
A. Costumes must be not be wider than 4 feet across, longer than 6 feet, nor taller than 8 feet; additionally, the eligible participant must be able to easily maneuver their costume over stairs or ramps unassisted. Entrants will be asked to provide video showing their costumes can meet these mobility standards as part of their submission to the Top 25 Contest; Entrants wishing to participate in the BlizzCon 2018 Cosplay Exhibition will have their costumes checked by Blizzard to determine if they will be able to go on stage at the Event.
B. Costumes cannot include, or otherwise utilize, any edged weapons (such as knives, daggers, swords), firearms of any kind including air guns, long bows, crossbows, or any other type of projectile weapon regardless of whether it is unloaded or nonfunctional; ‘actual’ clubs, maces, or other ‘crushing weapons.’ Acceptable costume ‘weapon props’ will be limited to air filled or soft plastic swords, daggers, maces or clubs, and wooden staves that are not shod with metal;
C. Costumes may not include liquids, gels, or other substances which could cause a mess in Blizzard’s sole discretion;
D. Costumes should not materially be the same costume that a qualified entrant used to enter previous BlizzCon Costume contests. A new costume re-creating the same character that has been enhanced from a previous version may be considered.
E. Costumes should be able to see and hear clearly, even in conditions of low light, in order to follow directions and navigate dimly lit stage areas while in their costume.
F. For Top 25 entrants, only 10% or less of the visible costume can be store-bought, and the costume must faithfully recreate identifiable elements of the character.
9. Blizzard Use of Entries. In consideration of an Entrant being allowed the chance to enter the Contest, Blizzard shall have the perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide license and right to utilize Entrant’s name, character, likeness, Entrant’s biography, and photographs taken of the Entrant at the Event. Blizzard shall have the right to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit Entrant’s name, character, likeness, and Entrant’s biography in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to Entrant or any other person or entity. Entrant agrees to take, at Blizzard's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Blizzard to effect, perfect or confirm Blizzard's rights as set forth above in this paragraph 9.
10. Collection of Information. The Entry Materials include a survey that requires each Entrant to enter their name, email address, and state of residence. Entrant agrees that in consideration of being allowed to enter the Contest, Entrant consents to Blizzard's use of this information to associate Entrant’s name with their submission in promotional materials for the Contest in the event that Entrant is chosen to be a winner. As stated above, the Contest is not open to anyone under the age of majority in Entrant’s country of citizenship. In the event that Blizzard becomes aware that an Entrant is under the age of majority in their country of citizenship, Blizzard will delete, erase or destroy any and all personally identifiable information that is obtained from the Entry Materials. In the event that an Entrant is a citizen of France and/or any of the other countries whose citizens are eligible for this Contest, and pursuant to French law pertaining to data collection and processing, Entrant is informed that the data collector is Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., and the data collected will be transferred to the United States of America. Upon request, Entrant will be provided with access to Entrant’s personal data. Entrant also has a right of opposition to the data collection, under certain circumstances. To exercise such right, an Entrant can write to "2018 Blizzard Costume Contest – Personal Data,” c/o Blizzard Entertainment, P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92612. Entrant may also withdraw their personal data upon request, however in such an event, Entrant will be disqualified as an entrant in the Contest prior to the determination and fulfillment of the prizes listed herein.
11. General Release. By entering the Contest, Entrant releases Blizzard, participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
11. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners will be required to execute and deliver to Blizzard a signed Affidavit of Eligibility, which includes an acceptance of these Official Rules and a release of liability.
12. Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after November 30, 2018, and before May 31, 2018, to Blizzard at the following address: “2018 Blizzard Costume Contest -Winners List,” c/o Blizzard Entertainment, P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92612. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Blizzard at the following address: “2018 Blizzard Costume Contest -Rules Request,” c/o Blizzard Entertainment, P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92612. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage.
13. Copyright Notice. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2018 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved.
14. Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the United States. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Blizzard, which are final and binding in all respects. Blizzard reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any Entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Blizzard's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest or Blizzard otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Blizzard, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Blizzard's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Blizzard reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. For questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please e-mail them to BlizzConContest@Blizzard.com or send written questions to Blizzard Entertainment, “2018 Blizzard Costume Contest”, c/o Blizzard Entertainment, P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92612.
15. Contest Sponsor. The sponsor of the Contest is Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.