A. Global Costume Contest Period. The Contest shall commence upon 12:01 p.m., Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on June 6, 2016, and end on the determination the Global Contest Winner on November 4, 2016.
B. Costume Requirements. In order to be eligible for the Global Costume Contest, costumes worn by Entrants must meet the following requirements:
C. Judging for the Global Costume Contest and 2016 BlizzCon Costume Contest. Note that costumes will only be judged on the costume that the Entrant wears, and the props that are held by the Entrant. While Blizzard may, in its sole discretion, attempt to accommodate non held or worn costume props for display on stage, such props will not be considered by the judges when judging Entrants. Blizzard shall choose the winners of the 2016 BlizzCon Costume Contest Global Costume Contest based on the originality, design and presentation of the costumes worn by the participating Entrants.
D. How to Enter.
1. The 2016 BlizzCon Costume Contest.
a. BlizzCon Costume Contest Period. The Contest shall commence upon 12:01 p.m., Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on June 17, 2016, and entries will be taken until 11:59 p.m., PDT August 1, 2016, (the “Deadline”).
b. Eligibility for the 2016 BlizzCon Costume Contest. Entrants who: (i) have purchased a ticket to attend BlizzCon 2016; and (ii) are one of the first one hundred (100) Entrants to register for the BlizzCon Costume Contest. Entrants may sign up to enter the Contest online at https://contests.blizzard.com/en-us/contests/blizzcon-2016-costume-contest/submission. Blizzard will accept the first one hundred (100) Entrants who sign up as, “Confirmed Contestants,” for the Contest. Entrants who sign up for the Contest after the first 100 contestants have signed up will be placed on a “Wait List,” in the order that they signed up. In the event that a Confirmed Contestant informs Blizzard that they will not appear at the Event, the Entrant who is next in line on the Wait List shall take their place as a Confirmed Contestant.
c. Confirmed Contestants. BlizzCon Costume Contest contestants must check in on or before 10:30 a.m. at the information booth at the Event on November 4, 2016, to confirm that they are in attendance at the Event and will take part in the Contest to be a “Confirmed C. If a Confirmed Contestant fails to check in at the information booth as stated above to confirm that they are in attendance at the Event, the qualified entrant who is next in line on the Wait List who is in attendance at the Event shall take their place as a Confirmed Contestant. In the event that 100 Confirmed Contestants have not checked in by the beginning of the Event, Blizzard will allow the Event attendees who otherwise meet the eligibility requirements for the Contest to sign up on site on a ‘first come, first served,’ basis.
d. BlizzCon Costume Contest Rules. Judging will occur between the hours of 1:30 PM and 4:00 PM November 4, 2016, subject to Blizzard’s determination at the Event. At the judging, each Confirmed Contestant shall demonstrate their Blizzard Costume which should be based upon the Blizzard’s interactive game franchises, “Diablo,” Hearthstone,” “Heroes of the Storm,” “Overwatch,” “StarCraft,” and “Warcraft.” Winners shall be chosen by Blizzard at its sole discretion, with the winners announced immediately following the presentation of the costumes during the on-stage portion of the Contest. The decision of Blizzard is final. To claim a prize, winners should follow the instructions provided to them by Blizzard.
e. 2016 BlizzCon Costume Contest - Prizes.
2. The 2016 GamesCom Costume Contest. The 2016 GamesCom Blizzard Costume Contest will be at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, which will occur August 17, 2016 through August 21, 2016. The contestant who places highest in the 2016 GamesCom Blizzard Costume Contest will earn a berth in the Global Costume Contest. For additional details on the GamesCom Costume Contest, including the Official Rules for the GamesCom Costume Contest, prizing, tournament dates and locations, go to http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/gamescom/index-9.php.
3. The 2016 ChinaJoy Costume Contest. The ChinaJoy Blizzard Costume Contest will be held at the International Expo in Shanghai, China, which will occur July 28, 2016 through July 31, 2016.The contestant who places highest in the 2016 ChinaJoy Blizzard Costume Contest will earn a berth in the BlizzCon Global Costume Contest. For additional details on 2016 ChinaJoy Costume Contest, including the Official Rules, how to enter, prizing, contest dates and location, will be posted to http://en2016.chinajoy.net/ on or before June 30, 2016.
4. The 2016 Taiwan Blizzard Cosplay Contest. The 2016 Taiwan Blizzard Cosplay Contest is an online contest, where eligible will be held on a date, time and at a location to be announced by Blizzard, where the contestant who places highest in the 2016 Taiwan Blizzard Cosplay Contest will earn a berth in the Global Costume Contest. Additional details on the 2016 Taiwan Blizzard Cosplay Contest, including a link to the Official Rules for the Taiwan Game Show Costume Contest, prizing, tournament dates and locations, will be posted to https://blizzcon.com/en-us/news/20122588/fire-up-that-creativity-blizzcon-2016-contests-are-here once the details are available.
5. The Last Call Video Submission Contest. Eligible contestants who did not earn a berth to the BlizzCon Global Costume Contest by winning either the 2016 GamesCom Costume Contest, 2016 ChinaJoy Costume Contest, 2016 Taiwan Game Show Costume Contest, or were unable to meet compete in the 2016 BlizzCon Costume Contest, may submit a video entry to the Last Call Video Submission Contest that should be no longer than ninety (90) seconds in length featuring the eligible participant modelling a Blizzard Costume. Blizzard will judge the submitted entries, choosing one (1) eligible participant as the winner of the Last Call Video Submission Contest, and the winner will earn a berth to the Global Costume Contest. Entrants to the Last Call Video Submission Contest will be able to upload their submissions to a webpage provided by Blizzard on or about August 24, 2016, with the deadline to submit an entry to the Last Call or before September 12, 2016. Blizzard will announce the winner of the Last Call Video Submission Contest by September 19, 2016. A link to the webpage where entrants may submit their video entries, will be posted to https://blizzcon.com/en-us/news/20122588/fire-up-that-creativity-blizzcon-2016-contests-are-here once the entry page details are available.
E. Global Contest Prizing.
4. Blizzard Use of Entries. You hereby agree that in consideration of your being allowed the chance to enter the Contest, Blizzard shall have the perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide license and right to utilize your name, character, likeness, and a biography of you. Blizzard shall have the right to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit your name, character, likeness, and a biography of you in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You agree to take, at Blizzard's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Blizzard to effect, perfect or confirm Blizzard's rights as set forth above in this paragraph 7.
5. Collection of Information. The Entry Materials include a survey that requires you to enter your name, e-mail address, and state of residence. By entering the Contest, you consent to Blizzard's use of this information to inform you of open positions with Blizzard, and to associate your name with your submission in promotional materials for the Contest in the event that you are chosen to be a winner. As stated above, the contest is not open to anyone under the age of majority in your country of citizenship. In the event that Blizzard becomes aware that you are under the age of majority in your country of citizenship Blizzard will delete, erase or destroy any and all personally identifiable information that is obtained from the Entry Materials. In the event that you are a citizen of France and/or any of the other countries whose citizens are eligible for this Contest, and pursuant to French law pertaining to data collection and processing, you are informed that the data collector is Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., and the data collected will be transferred to the United States of America. Upon request, you will be provided with access to your personal data. You also have a right of opposition to the data collection, under certain circumstances. To exercise such right, you may write to "2016 Blizzard Global Costume Contest – Personal Data,” c/o Blizzard Entertainment, P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92612. You may also withdraw your personal data upon request, however you will be disqualified as a entrant in the Contest if you withdraw your personal data prior to the determination and fulfillment of the prizes listed in Section 4 herein.
6. General Release. By entering the Contest, you release Blizzard, participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
7. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners will be required to execute and deliver to Blizzard a signed Affidavit of Eligibility, which includes an acceptance of these Official Rules and a release of liability.
8. Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after November 30, 2016, and before May 31, 2017, to Blizzard at the following address: “2016 Blizzard Global Costume Contest -Winners List,” c/o Blizzard Entertainment, P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92612. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Blizzard at the following address: “2016 Blizzard Global Costume Contest -Rules Request,” c/o Blizzard Entertainment, P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92612. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage.
9. Copyright Notice. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2016 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved.
10. Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the United States. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Blizzard, which are final and binding in all respects. Blizzard reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Blizzard's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest or Blizzard otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Blizzard, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Blizzard's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Blizzard reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please e-mail them to BlizzConContest@Blizzard.com or send written questions to Blizzard Entertainment, “2016 Blizzard Global Costume Contest”, c/o Blizzard Entertainment, P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92612.
11. Contest Sponsor. The sponsor of the Contest is Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.